Christian Louboutin Enters The World Of Women’s Fragrances
“ I wanted to celebrate woman and her desires. I wanted these fragrances to enhance an aspect of her personality, or perhaps reveal something about her that no one knew before, maybe not even her, tell a secret, a story. In a way creating these fragrances is like being a film director, some directors want to control the acting process, others want to reveal the power of character and personality. This is what I try to evoke with shoes and now with the alchemy of fragrance. I want to give women the means to express themselves and to delight in their femininity.” – Christian Louboutin
As there is not one Louboutin woman, there is not one Louboutin Fragrance!
Christian Louboutin brings magic and pure delight with the launch of his three fragrances for women: Bikini Questa Sera, Tornade Blonde and Trouble in Heaven. Each of these Christian Louboutin fragrances has its own unique personality, and what unites them is Christian’s idea behind their construction. The architecture of each fragrance mimics the stroke of a single high-note piano key. The scent is like a vibrating “PING” that remains unchanging – that reverberates straight through from top to bottom – and then preceded by a resounding aura.
Three Scents, Three Personalities
• Intimate and compelling, Bikini Questa Sera takes the heat into the night. In the cool of the night air, the fragrance shimmers still in the moonlight, jasmine and tuberose, opalescent against the skin. The heat & sensuality of the scent are evoked with the bottle thanks to the deep amber-and-warm gold ombré
• A trail of golden light, Tornade Blonde is the scent of desire. Feminine & potent, animalistic yet botanic, it is the scent of desire, love & adventure. Gorgeous red rose lie deep in a bed of sweet violet and cassis. The iridescence of both the fragrance’s and the woman’s spirit is reflected in the garnet-to-light gold ombré colours of the bottle.
• Intoxicating and mysterious, Trouble in Heaven is the scent of provocation. A second skin of perfect iris, patchouli and tonka absolut resonates with the dry heat of amber. The royal purple-and-gold ombré of the bottle evokes nobility and opulence.
The Christian Louboutin fragrance bottles are objets d’art that are both tactile and hypnotically visual. Glass undulates and wraps the bottle form to capture light, plays with transparence and reveals the intense colour associated with each individual fragrance. The bottle is designed as a sculptural totem that resembles an award.
Christian Louboutin worked closely with designer Thomas Heatherwick and Heatherwick Studio to create a series of bottles that are innovative and ambitious in their design and manufacturing process. Heatherwick Studio designs globally important projects, including the Olympic cauldron for the London 2012 Olympics, The Hive, a corner-less university building in Singapore and Zeitz MOCAA, a museum in Cape Town, South Africa that gives new purpose to a disused grain silo.
Christian Louboutin and Heatherwick started out with a series of intense discussions, followed by the exploration continued through sketching, and experimentation, and a series of prototypes. The end result is a bottle made from glass with a central aperture, which makes a loop of the fragrance. Christian wanted to create a flow of fragrance within the bottle as he is fascinated by the idea that “liquid is alive”, meaning that the liquid has movement and life within the bottle.
The outer packaging seduces the observer by emphasizing the bottle itself. Cradled in a clear shell that sits on a pedestal, the simple and elegant casing does not compete with the bottle.
Content: 80 ml parfum
On-Counter Date: September 7th, 2016
Price: AED 1320
Christian Louboutin Boutiques around the Middle East
- Level Shoes, The Dubai Mall
- Tryano, Yas Mall, Abu Dhabi